Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Reversible Halloween Placemats


This is my second Halloween craft project using the fabric I bought a few weeks ago (see my mini Halloween quiet book here!) and now I'm wishing I'd bought more!  I have just enough left to make a little trick-or-treat bag for Rhys and a few scrap pieces that I need to do something with.  I'm very happy with how these placemats turned out, but we'll just be using them for decoration until Rhys is a little older ;)  

This was a very simple project, and I decided to appliqué our names in felt to give them a little extra something.  After I appliquéd the felt letters onto one side of each placemat, I sandwiched two pieces of fabric with a piece of quilt batting and stitched around all sides, leaving a small opening for turning.  I turned the placemats right side out and topstitched twice around all four sides to make them a little more decorative.  I hope you enjoy!












0 comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Today I Felt Crafty